Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Auction Goodies


I have this strange addiction to vintage lamps lately.  I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because it gets away from the typical and boring.  I hate to go to Pier One, for example when I can have a treasure hunt at an auction.  If you look at Better Homes and Gardens and other magazines, they are decorating with reproductions of vintage stuff.  So why not get the real thing for next to nothing? 
We got the yellow lamp at auction, for about 2 bucks.  The shade came for just about nothing at another auction.  The 50's style lamp came from another auction for around 10-15 dollars.  I can't remember where the shade on it came from, but I don't think we gave much for it. 
We just decorate as we go...it's more fun that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment